Saturday, May 24, 2014

52 Recipes: Quinoa Black Bean Tacos [Week #18]


It's one of those days where the rain is a constant drizzle and the sun never makes an appearance, but it's a good kind of dreary and gray, the kind that makes you want to whittle away your time in a funky coffee shop with some singer-songwriter playing softly in the background - which so happens to be exactly what I'm doing.

I don't think I'm one of those people who can write, I mean really write, in a coffee shop. I get so distracted by the people around me, and the music, and the gorgeous original art hanging on the walls. And then I can't really focus on anything because I've just consumed a gallon of caffeine, and all I can really think about now is what am I going to eat for lunch?

Speaking of lunch - or dinner - or really any meal, these tacos absolutely must make your weekly menu. I love the consistency and the taste is amazing. I've already made them twice since the first time.

I used this recipe from Damn Delicious - followed it exactly, except I opted for putting the avocado in my taco instead of chopping it and mixing it into the dish (didn't want the leftovers to turn brown). 

We ate the filling on corn tortillas with sour cream, avocado, cheddar cheese, and Cholula. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment