Saturday, April 19, 2014

52 Recipes: Honey Thyme Salmon Cobb Salads [Week #15]


Here is what I know:

When a grocery store in landlocked Utah has fresh salmon on sale for $6.99/lb, you don't ask questions. You simply buy.


The idea for salmon cobb salads has been kicking around in my head for a while now, and I realize this isn't a "true" cobb salad but I'm still calling it that. You get to make your own rules when you have your own blog.


Whatever you want to call it, these salads were simply fantastic. We ate these on a weeknight right before doing a pretty intense hour and a half hike up Mt. Olympus, and we both felt great afterwards. If you're looking to lighten up your menu this week, and salmon happens to be on sale, I HIGHLY recommend trying these.

Honey Thyme Salmon Cobb Salads
Serves: as many as you want it to!

Salmon
Recipe found here: Damn Delicious (note: I had to bake my two 4.5-oz filets about 5 minutes longer than she recommended)

Honey Dijon vinaigrette
Recipe found here: Annie's Eats

Everything else
Spring greens
Boiled eggs
Cucumber
Grape/cherry tomatoes
Avocado
Red onion
Red bell pepper
Whatever else you want! It's your salad, after all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment