Sunday, February 23, 2014

52 Recipes: Monster Cookie Marshmallow Sandwiches [Week 8]

Yesterday when I meal planned for the week, I legitimately listed "frozen pizza" as one of our meals. And yes, there is now a frozen pizza sitting in our freezer. I am just not feeling it for some reason. It could have something to do with the fact that I've turned into a slight insomniac. 

Typical night:
- Go to bed at decent hour (around 10PMish)
- Wake up at 1:30AM
- Be irritated, eventually go back to sleep
- Wake up at 4AM
- Fume
- Just barely get to sleep before alarm goes off at 6AM

MY LIFE.

On the bright side, I have a new workspace thanks to IKEA (along with $40 worth of other things I probably didn't need...) and I'm so excited to have somewhere else to sit besides the couch. 



When I'm sleepy or don't feel well, a cookie always makes me feel better (that's the fat kid in me talking). And these cookies are no exception. The only adaptation I made to the recipe was using creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy, so head on over to Yammie's Noshery for the full recipe.

A few notes:
- The cookies seem a little hard right out of the oven. They do tend to soften up after they cool and are sandwiched and packed away, but I'd suggest baking on the low side of the recommended bake time just to make sure they aren't overdone. NO ONE likes a hard cookie, amiright?
- For me at least, it felt like the marshmallow cream was never going to get thick enough to sandwich between the cookies. TRUST ME, it does - just stick with it! A stand mixer is very helpful to have for this kind of thing. 
- Next time I make these (oh, there WILL be a next time) I might experiment by making smaller sized cookies. Eating one of these was a feat all by itself, just from the sheer size of the cookies once they're sandwiched together with the cream. Not that I had any trouble consuming an entire sandwich, but, I'm just sayin'. ;)



1 comment:

  1. These are so fun I love sandwich cookies, especially gooey ones like this. Great idea,

    ReplyDelete