Sunday, February 16, 2014

52 Recipes: Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls with Lime Quinoa [Week #7]


You guys. This is, hands down, my new favorite meal. AND IT'S HEALTHY! Shut up. I know what you're thinking. But I'm totally serious.

We start with a bed of spring greens tossed in a honey/lime/olive oil dressing. Add some green onions, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and last but not least the two stars of the show: lime quinoa and honey chipotle chicken. Seriously, this chicken blew my mind. I had no idea you could make such flavorful and moist (ugh, that word) chicken without a grill. Granted, I nearly set off my smoke alarm due to the high heat you have to cook it at, but it was SO WORTH IT. The marinade caramelizes and blackens and turns into something downright heavenly, and mixed with the lime quinoa, the texture and flavors are so complex that before you know it you've eaten it all and are already planning the next time you can make it for dinner again.


How Sweet Eats deserves all the credit for this recipe, as I didn't change it up one bit (aside from using red quinoa in lieu of white). She always develops the most unique recipes, and everything I've tried from her blog has been nothing short of amazing. So go here and check out the recipe. You won't be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment