Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Grilled Pork Chops with Lime/Cilantro Dressing

Happy 4th! It's been a while. I've been writing in my personal blog. I'm having trouble deciding which one I'd rather write in more, so maybe I'll just try to keep up with both for now. :)

I found this grilled pork chop recipe from Dine and Dish and loved how simple and delicious it looked, so we gave it a try a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, this has quickly become one of our favorite weekly meals. I adapted it ever so slightly to fit our taste preferences, but it's still a quick and easy dinner. Throw some roasted potatoes in there (which I totally perfected, not to toot my own horn or anything) along with a good veggie (which I totally over-roasted in the oven...charred asparagus, anyone?) and you've got yourself a delicious meal. I think pork might be my favorite meat, ever.

Grilled Pork Chops with Lime/Cilantro Dressing
Slightly adapted from Dine and Dish

2-4 boneless pork chops (ours were decently thick, close to an inch)
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
cumin

As you can see, there are no measurements listed, because I don't ever measure these spices. Just sprinkle both sides of each pork chop until they are decently covered in the spices listed above - there's no right or wrong amount of seasoning, it's whatever you prefer!

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chops for approximately 10 minutes on each side (if you want the criss-cross grill marks, flip them twice, horizontally and then vertically), until just cooked through. If your pork chops are thinner, reduce the grill time.

While the pork chops are grilling, make the dressing:

Lime/Cilantro Dressing

1/3 cup lime juice, preferably fresh (though admittedly I don't always have time to juice 4-5 limes..)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped (I rarely measure this either; just grab a decent handful)
1/2 tsp. dried hot red-pepper flakes
1 garlic clove, minced
salt & pepper, to taste

Whisk everything together until combined. That's it! Serve pork chops with dressing drizzled on top.

I don't have a whole lot of plans this year for the 4th, but last year I did succeed in making this awesome cake, which was inspired by 17 and Baking:


Fancy huh? ;)

Whatever your plans, I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. Those pork chops look delish! I'm going to have to give them a try! Thanks for the recipe! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali! Thanks for your comment! let me know if you try the pork chop recipe. I promise it won't disappoint... :) Hope you have a great day as well!

      Delete
  2. Love that cake - I'm a sucker for cake and wish there was GF cake that was as good! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried to make GF cake but I might just have to do that now! I'm a sucker for cake too...unfortunately. :) Hope you had a great day as well!

      Delete