Sunday, April 15, 2012

Best Banana Smoothie


Bananas are one of my most favorite things, ever. I'll happily eat them in pancakes, bread, cupcakes, ice cream, yogurt, cake, scones, you name it, I'll mix a banana in it. Fun fact: As a kid (ok, even now) my favorite candy was Runts - but only for the bananas. Just recently I learned that someone had the genius idea to sell ONLY THE BANANAS. People, you have no idea how much I longed for this as a child. Someone please buy me 10000 pounds of these.

(wait...please don't.)


So lately I've been making this banana smoothie after I work out. To be 100% honest, more often than not I only force myself to go to the gym so I can justify drinking the post-workout smoothie. Real talk.

I think I've concocted a magical blend here, folks. It's easy, relatively healthy (most of the calories are from the bananas & the coconut milk - which, you could just sub in all skim if you wanted, I just really love the taste of coconut milk). So give it a whirl. In the blender. Har, har. I wanted to wait until daytime to take better photos, but I made the smoothie again tonight and decided you guys (all 6 of you?) just needed to have this recipe PRONTO. So here it is! (Keep in mind, the recipe below serves TWO)

Best Banana Smoothie
Serves two

2 bananas, sliced & frozen (It's important that they're frozen!!)
5-6 ice cubes
3/4 cup coconut milk (I use vanilla-flavored)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
1-2 Tbsp. honey (to taste)
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine everything in a blender until smooth. Easy peasy. And delicious.

2 comments: