Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fat & Fluffy Snickerdoodles

I'm pretty sure that these are my favorite cookies in the universe. There's just something about the simple combination of cinnamon + sugar that gets my heart beating a little faster. They are exactly what the name implies, too: fat and fluffy. Biting into one of these babies is like biting into a cloud. One of the things I love about this recipe is it's one of the few snickerdoodle recipes I've stumbled across that doesn't use cream of tartar. It's not that I have anything against cream of tartar, but honestly, it's not like I always have that lying around my kitchen. Other recipes I've attempted have always ended out flat and hard (the exact opposite of what a cookie should ever be, in my opinion). Or maybe it wasn't so much the recipe's fault as it was mine. We won't worry about that.

These cookies come from the amazing Jessica over at How Sweet It Is, one of my most favorite blogs in the universe. Jessica's recipes are creative, unique, and most importantly, out-of-this-world delicious. I haven't met a recipe from her blog that I didn't love.

I haven't changed a bit of the recipe, so please visit How Sweet It Is for it. She actually got it from an old newspaper clipping.....from 1965. How cool is that!?!? Obviously that means they're going to be out of this world. All things vintage are awesome, including recipes. So go make these today - seriously - you won't regret it. And then mail me some. Because I obviously don't have enough baked goods to go around.

5 comments:

  1. I make these cookies ALL THE TIME. so good! I've even veganized them for my friends. Yours look great! Now I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you've made a vegan version! I bet they're delicious, I'd be interested in the different taste/texture! Yep...it really doesn't take much persuasion (read:none) for me to whip up a batch of these. So. Freaking. Good.

      Delete
    2. Surprisingly, they turned out almost identical to the original. Nobody could tell which was which!

      Delete
  2. Yum, I will be checking on shipping!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I need to bake you something and mail it to you! I think cookies would stay good for a couple days in the mail, right??

      Delete