Saturday, February 4, 2012

Blueberriest Muffins

I don't have much to say to you this Saturday morning. My husband is serenading me with his acoustic guitar, the gym is calling my name, and I'm off to the craft store later to (hopefully) pick up some different types of fabric to assist in my food shots. It's hard being creative when you're resigned to 600 sq. feet and your only one real source of light is the sliding glass door...sigh. I can't wait for warmer temperatures so I can have more flexibility with my photos, have I mentioned that? I so long for summer. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten what it feels like.
In other news, we might go see One For the Money in theaters (I have a Groupon, what what!) and I'm just choosing to be oblivious rather than acknowledge the 3% rating it's gotten on RottenTomatoes. Why is it that movies based on books are always such a disappointment? I've been known to obsessively read and re-read (and re-re-read...) various book series, get super pumped for the movie(s), then immediately walk out of the theater in total disgust....I should probably just stick to the literary version and leave it at that. Wow. This is turning into a random babbling post, I hope you're still with me.

Anyways, these muffins I'm sharing with you today come from Sweet Pea's Kitchen, and I haven't messed with the recipe at all so I'm just going to post the link. If you're looking for a super-sweet, almost-dessert-type-muffin, these aren't the muffins for you. The usage of fresh blueberries keeps the muffins slightly sweet, yet tart at the same time, making them a fantastic option for a quick breakfast. If you love blueberries, you will LOVE these muffins.

The first time I ever made these, my husband (who would prefer his treats to be not-so-sugary, can you imagine!?!) immediately declared "This is the best thing you have ever baked!" so if that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will. Probably you should just make them and see for yourself. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear your "voice", Emily! Missing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too! Thanks for following the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete